What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is the development process where the mentor shares their knowledge, skills and experience to assist the client to progress in their life and career.
How does it help?
Mentoring helps clients
1.Achieve their defined career goals/path
2.Increase confidence and self-awareness
3.Enhance the quality of their lives
4.Expand professional and personal networks.
5.Improve skill sets.
6.Gain support while they learn and grow
The Role of the Mentor
- Shares advice and wisdom gathered through experience aligned to the goals of the mentee.
- Guides and counsels the mentee on his or her career path.
- Equip the mentee to take control of his/her development and work.
- Provide guidance, motivation, emotional support and role modelling.
- Expose the mentee to networks that will allow him or her to develop skills and gain meaningful insights
The Role of the Client / Mentee
- Apply the knowledge from the mentor to achieve his/her personal, professional and career goals.
- Mentee needs to be flexible, honest, open and receptive to feedback and insight.
- Provides the mentor with feedback about what is or isn’t working well in the mentoring relationship.